Social Media keyword ranking is the best SEO strategy your business can use to boost your site’s ranking on search engines using social signals.
But how effective is it?
SEO is simply a hard thing to do for most of the business people who want to create a unique brand in the realms of online competition. To some webmasters, it a sweet thing to do especially when the results are effectively met.
Most SEO techniques revolve around search engines as they are the gateway to discovering and reaching out to your business.
There is no perfect place to drive a lot of traffic to your site if not from social media. It’s the hub connecting people to businesses and brands.
Search engines don’t directly use social media in their search algorithms. But webmasters depict that social media “signals” have some effect on how your site is ranked on SERPs for your optimized keyword.
We’ll show you how you can improve your keyword ranking on social media.
Social Signals: How Does It Affect Search Ranking?
Social media engage their audience in different approaches but all serve the same purpose. From Facebook shares, Twitter likes, pins, Google +1s to views on your social media accounts – all these are known as social signals. Social media serve as a platform to showcase your brand to a relevant community interested in your brand.
In the same way, search engines use social signals to determine how your brand is being engaged (talked about) or noticed on social media platforms. It’s how your social pages interact with your audience.
In respect to this, search engines then take note of your social brand signals into account when ranking your website for user search intent.
This phenomenon isn’t science rocket at all. And there is no official release that social media signals affect search rankings.
It’s agreed that there are some important correlations between social media that depict how your brands’ performance and engagement and how it affects your site ranking in search engines.
Recently, Moz released search engine ranking factors survey that highlight the most search ranking level to the least level.
From the data, page-level social metrics are among the top ranking factors that search engine uses.
Social signals impact your brand’s search ranking in three possible ways:
- Building links: perhaps you know the important role quality links play when it comes to SEO and ranking. Inbound links from social media platforms highly boost your page ranking just like the inbound links originating from authority blogs and publications. Build social media links effectively using SEO link building best practices.
- Driving traffic: Traffic. Traffic. The higher the traffic your site gets, the better chances of boosting your pages in search engines. Get your content be shared on social media. Google algorithms use your social media traffic and signals when ranking your site for a specific keyword.
For example, here is an Amazon social media traffic analysis:
And here is a deep analysis of the top social media platform traffic to amazon.com:
- Boost Domain Authority: from the graph Moz Research analysis above, domain authority plays a major role in search ranking. Influential research from Backlinko’s Google Ranking Factors states that social signals can improve the overall authority of a site. Effectively boosting your social signals increases your domain authority. Google search directly uses domain authority factors when it comes to search engine ranking.
These correlation factors show you the effective power how it can indirectly boost your search keyword ranking.
How to improve keyword ranking through social signals.
These are the best strategies your brand can use to leverage the fast-growing social media community into your business.
- Optimize Your Profiles Using Relevant Keywords: optimized keywords are an important aspect when it comes to SEO. Without a proper keyword for your content, definitely, you can’t be effectively found on search engines. Social media too uses keywords to improve the visibility of your brand profile. A relevant keyword with the right audience that actively engages with your posts is more likely to visit your site in search for more information.
Let’s use an example: if your brand deals with “Link Building”, you may consider adding this gold keyword in your profile info for social search engines to find you when looking for profiles containing this user search keyword.
Add the relevant keyword to your business profile especially in your Bio, headlines, and summaries in order to improve your keyword social signal. Perform all of this on all your social media platform profiles.
- Leverage keywords in your posts and captions: what’s the user intent when searching for “Link Building” in social search? Apart from adding keywords in your profile text areas, Your social media content should also use relevant keyword carefully place in the posts, captions or descriptions. Twitter and Instagram give you this priority to make your own branded keywords using hashtags that works magically to help your prospects find your post easily.
The above image show hoe Link Building Corp uses “Link Building” in its Facebook post. This post shows up in Google search engine results as well.
Rich keywords in your posts increase the visibility of your social media posts. It helps attract the relevant and highly engaged audience which boosts your posts social shares which eventually improve your search ranking in SERPs.
- Add a Call-to-Action (CTA) to Your Posts: simply put, you won’t get more click through rate if you can’t leverage this strategy within your social posts. If your posts are compelling enough, you won’t need to include this approach in your posts. But some people need to be engaged (asked) with a call to action words in order to make them click through your links.
Your call to action need not be exaggerated. Give them a reason why they need to take the desired action in your post. Use the 80/20 percent approach where 80 % is quality content and 20% includes the call to action words.
Impressive images can illustrate this more effectively.
Use words like:
Or even like this twitter post:
- Word count (avoid being too wordy): short relevant headlines significantly boost the CTR of your social media content. Cut down your captions, headlines, description to be as short as possible.
People are compelled to take action especially when the headline is brief and compelling. AdEspresso conducted an in-depth research of 37,259 ads on Facebook and found the following being effective to SEO.
- Best performing headlines contain about 5 words
- Ad posts perform best when they’re 14 words or less
- Link description can be a little longer but not more than 18 words if it needs to perform optimally
- There is great power in Images: include more images in your social media content. This technique improves your social signals. When effectively done from Twitter and Facebook, images have the power to drive more engagement which boosts your click-through rate (CTR) compared to non-image posts.
It’s more likely that image post received more shares, comments, and CRT than non-image posts. According to HubSpot study of Facebook posts, it found that posts with images have a higher percentage of 104% more comments and 84% more click-throughs as well as 53% more likes than non-image posts.
- Wait for the right time to post: This varies in time zone. They can’t be online 24/7 but you might have studied the effective, specific time when most of your followers (audience) are on social media. Plan ahead and organize the right time to schedule a post while aiming to target a lot of social traffic who are active. Use this Simply Measured tools to effectively find the best posting time for your content for various social media platforms.
- Even CTA itself can’t work. Give users a reason to click: Does your post have enough reason for your followers to click? Is it useful to them? Engage them with your content (with solutions to their needs) and most importantly give them a genuine reason why they need to click on your valuable post link.
With those great strategies to improve your SEO ranking with the right social signal techniques, you need to make your audience easy to find you with your brand keywords, give them reason and solutions why they need to click your post links. Always remember to put them first in all your social engagement.